20 Quotes That Every Leader Needs to Live By
Leadership is one of the most important skills that a person can possess. A great leader can inspire people to achieve great things, and help them grow as individuals. In order to be a successful leader, you need to have a set of guiding principles that you live by. Here are 20 quotes that will help you become a better leader!
- “Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sandberg
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
- “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.” – Brian Tracy
- “A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.” – John C. Maxwell
- “The best leaders are those most interested in surrounding themselves with assistants and associates smarter than they are. They are frank in admitting this and are willing to pay for such talents.” – Colin Powell
- “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” – Dwight Eisenhower
- “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” – Warren Bennis
- “The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been.” – Henry Kissinger
- “Leadership does not always wear the harness of compromise.” – Woodrow Wilson
- “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” – Jim Rohn
- “The leader has to be practical and a realist, yet must talk the language of the visionary and the idealist.” – Eric Hoffer
- “Leadership is not about titles, positions or flowcharts. It is about one life influencing another.” – John C. Maxwell
- “Leadership is lifting a person’s vision to high sights, the raising of a person’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations.” – Peter Drucker
- “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.” – Max DePree
- “To do great things is difficult; but to command great things is more difficult.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- 16. “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” – Dwight Eisenhower
- “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” – Lao Tzu
- “Leadership is the ability to get extraordinary achievement from ordinary people.” – Brian Tracy
- “The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority.” – Kenneth Blanchard
- “Don’t tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” – George S. Patton
Leaders should always strive to live by these words of wisdom in order to become better leaders. By taking the time to reflect on these quotes, they can grow and develop in their leadership roles. Hopefully, these quotes will help you become the best leader you can be!
Feel free to contact LeaderTrip Coaching for a complimentary discovery session.